EdCan announces the schools selected as the 2023 Desjardins Tech Donation Program Recipients
TORONTO – April 20, 2023 – Desjardins Group, in collaboration with EdCan, is pleased to announce that the following 20 schools were selected as the 2023 Desjardins Tech Donation Program recipients and will each receive a $5,000 donation:
- St. David Catholic School, Sudbury, Ontario
- Trillium Public School, Kitchener, Ontario
- Montclair Public School, Oakville, Ontario
- St. Mary Catholic Elementary School, Niagara Falls, Ontario
- St. Rose of Lima Catholic Elementary School, Mississauga, Ontario
- Bloordale Middle School, Toronto, Ontario
- Immaculata High School, Ottawa, Ontario
- Pioneer Park Public School, Kitchener, Ontario
- École élémentaire publique Mamawi, Nepean, Ontario
- St. Agnes Catholic Elementary School, Hamilton, Ontario
- John McCrae Secondary School, Nepean, Ontario
- Regency Acres Public School, Aurora, Ontario
- Fairview Elementary School, Red Deer, Alberta
- Sea View Elementary Junior Secondary School, Port Alice, British Columbia
- Dr. K.A. Clark Public School, Fort Mcmurray, Alberta
- King George Public School, Prince Albert, Saskatchewan
- École primaire Allion, Lasalle, Québec
- École primaire de Louiseville, Louiseville, Québec
- École Saint-Jean-de-Matha, Montréal, Québec
- École Saint-Marcel, Montréal, Québec
The third year of this tech donation program for K-12 public schools across Canada, with funding provided by Desjardins and administered in collaboration with the EdCan Network, supports schools and students’ immediate need for technology caused by the pandemic.
“EdCan’s pan-Canadian network is proud to have collaborated with Desjardins for the last three years to get more technology into the hands of students who need it the most,” said EdCan Chair Claire Guy. “We have reviewed thousands of donation requests, revealing an urgent need to replace aging equipment, address pandemic remote learning requirements, and equip the post-pandemic wave of newcomers. We are grateful to Desjardins for their investments to support the success of all learners in our schools. We hope their donation continues to amplify the existing gaps our provincial/territorial education systems need to address.”
“It is a priority for Desjardins to support youth education and through these donations we will be able to provide schools with technological learning tools that are vital to students’ educational growth and success,” said Marilyn Horrick, Senior Vice President, Ontario Market, Desjardins Group. “Through the Together For Our Youth program, Desjardins supports more than 3,000 youth-initiatives annually and we are proud to work with partners like EdCan who help contribute to the well-being of young people. Congratulations to this year’s recipients”
Since its inception in 2020, the Desjardins Tech Donation Program, has awarded a total of $300K to support 60 schools across the country obtain essential technology equipment.
About Desjardins Group
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in North America and the fifth largest cooperative financial group in the world, with assets of $407.1 billion. It was named one of the World’s Top Female-Friendly Companies by Forbes magazine. To meet the diverse needs of its members and clients, Desjardins offers a full range of products and services to individuals and businesses through its extensive distribution network, online platforms and subsidiaries across Canada. Ranked among the world’s strongest banks according to The Banker magazine, Desjardins has one of the highest capital ratios and credit ratings in the industry.
About the EdCan Network
With over 140,000 members representing the entire spectrum of Canadian K-12 education, the EdCan Network is focused on strengthening the connections between research and practice for the continual improvement of education systems to enable all education professionals and all students to thrive. We support critical discourse and develop distinctly Canadian research-informed professional learning content, tools, programs, and services.
Learn more at www.edcan.ca or @EdCanNet.
Contact: Max Cooke, EdCan CEO (bilingual)
Tel: 416-591-6300 ext. 225 E-mail: email@example.com