Desjardins is back this year with its tech donation program in collaboration with the EdCan Network for K-12 public schools across Canada in response to the immediate student needs created by the ongoing pandemic.
Desjardins is donating again this year a total of $100,000 ($5,000 to 20 schools across Canada) for students in need of computers and other tech-based tools.
The deadline to submit your online application form – which will include a summary of your donation request in 300 words or less – is November 26, 2021 at 5 PM (EST time).
Applications from a shortlist of potential donation recipients will be carefully reviewed and selected by the EdCan Donation Review Committee and recipients will be notified by December 13, 2021.
The donation recipients will be announced and published on the Desjardins and EdCan websites by December 17th.
Applicants must be teachers and principals from K-12 public education systems.
The need of technological equipment for the school or students has to be immediate and urgent to support their learning now.
To apply for a donation, participants must complete an application form and submit it before the November 26, 2021 application deadline.
The application must include the following:
1 – Executive summary (300 words maximum) explaining why your students/classroom/school needs this donation.
- Describe the general demographic profile of your school community (location, socioeconomic levels, diversity of student population.)
- How would a donation address the most urgent needs of your students to acquire technology to assist them in their learning?
2 – Support/Endorsement Letter from the School Principal
- Support from your principal confirming the urgency of need for technological equipment related to your request. All applications without this letter of endorsement will not be considered.
- Please note that personalized letters can provide more context on your school’s need for a technology donation and will be considered more favourably in the application evaluation process than using templated letters.
3 – Outline Proposed Use of Funds
- If you receive a donation, how will you use the funds?
- Applications that include estimated figures and rough costs will be considered more favourably in the application evaluation process.
Applicants should not include student’s personal information in the application.
Have a question?
Requests for further information should be sent by e-mail to Brigitte Michaud at: email@example.com