Retired Superintendent of Schools and Consultant
Born and educated in Vancouver, Dianne also spent some time attending school in Scotland. After graduating from high school in Vancouver, she went on to study at Simon Fraser University where she achieved a Bachelors degree with a major in biology and a minor in environmental science. Following, her degree she enrolled in the Professional Development Teaching Program at SFU. She completed her Masters Degree in Educational Leadership at SFU, and she is now currently in the dissertation stage of the SFU Educational Leadership Doctoral program.
Dianne taught for 13 years as a Science teacher and Department Head in the Vancouver School District prior to entering school Administration. She was a Vice Principal at three Vancouver schools before becoming principal at Point Grey Secondary and Eric Hamber Secondary. In August 2008, she became an Assistant Superintendent with the Delta School District and in May 2010 she was appointed as Superintendent of the Delta School District. In June 2016 Dianne was appointed as Chief Educator for the Province of British Columbia. She has currently been appointed as Official Trustee with the Vancouver School District She is truly passionate about engaging students in learning that is meaningful and relevant for them, and supporting educator engagement in innovative teaching practice and collaborative inquiry that will inspire their learners.
In addition to committee work at the district level, Dianne has also participated in several committees, including the following:
- Executive of the BCSSA
- BCSSA Dimensions of Practice Review Committee
- Education Research & Development Corp. (ERDI) Member
- Ministry of Education Competency Development Consulting Group Member
- BCSSA Membership Committee Chair
- Canadian Education Association (CEA) Advisory Council Member
- New Teacher’s Mentorship Advisory Project Committee
- Ministry of Education Accountability Framework Advisory Committee
- C21 Superintendent/CEO Academy
- Ministry of Education Executive Council
- Ministry of Education Leadership Development Advisory Committee
- Ministry of Education Learning Advisory Board
- Simon Fraser University Education Deans Advisory Committee
- UBC Deans Advisory Committee
- Director – Greater Vancouver Food Bank
No posts found.