Advancing strategies to improve work environments in Canada’s schools and school districts
May 11–13, 2020, JW Marriott Edmonton ICE District, Edmonton, Alberta
This pan-Canadian summit will bring together 300+ champions, changemakers, and key stakeholders from across provinces and territories to learn more about concrete ways to advance workplace well-being in K-12 education.
EdCan is seeking one (1) Event Coordinator for a six-month contractual position in our Toronto office.
- Assist in the planning, coordination and execution of logistics and administrative support for a May 2020 event, and other activities as required.
- Provide administrative support to the Events Team; recommend procedures and solutions, track progress, review invoices, and monitor the budget; follow-up with suppliers, ensure that notices, invitations, follow-ups, and confirmations for participants are planned, organized and executed in a professional and proficient manner.
- Draft reference documents for signage, review proofs, track orders and setup signage on site following a specific schedule.
- Manage room blocks, rooming lists and pickup reports, review invoices.
- Coordinate logistics requirements for workshops, track and follow up on special requests, contact speakers and panelists and provide assistance with registration, hotel accommodations and audio-visual (and other) requirements.
- Assist with food and beverage budgets and menu selection.
- Recommend procedures and solutions for the Events team daily work and assignments.
- Assist with events registration on site (badge pickup, new registrations, update existing registrations), by phone and email, process payments.
- Assist in preparing, packaging and shipping promotion materials.
- Assist other team members and/or perform other duties as requested by the Events Team.
- Coordinate event promotion to convert registrations among diverse groups of potential attendees in the public education sector (telephone campaign, email distribution and follow up, and conversion tracking).
- Coordinate event promotional strategies, including email blasts, website publishing, social media advertising, cultivating promotional partnerships, media relations, etc.
- Develop, execute, and produce content based on our editorial calendar for a social media strategy using traffic development tactics informed by analytics.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Post-secondary education in events management and communications/marketing regarded as an asset but not mandatory. An equivalent combination of education and experience may also be considered.
- A minimum of three to five years of hands-on experience in meeting planning and event coordination.
- Strong knowledge and ability in using business support processes and tools (e.g., Microsoft Office suite, databases, tracking systems).
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve and manage multiple priorities under pressure and in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines/turnaround times.
- Requires strong customer service skills, demonstrated attention to detail and quality assurance.
Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills to coordinate a variety of event variables and communicate effectively and professionally with all levels of internal and external stakeholders.
- Fluently bilingual, written and oral, in both official languages (French and English) preferred.
- May be required to work beyond regular work hours, especially as the event date approaches.
- Required to be on-site at event from May 10-13, 2020 in Edmonton.
The following skills and experience would be considered assets for this position:
- An interest in and desire to support K-12 Canadian educators, staff, and students.
- Use of Google Analytics, Twitter Analytics, and Facebook Insights to inform ongoing digital engagement; social media savvy.
- Filming and editing short video clips using FinalCutPro or similar software.
- Knowledge of HTML and CMS (e.g. Drupal, WordPress, MailChimp).
- Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator).
- Knowledge of social media scheduling software (e.g. Hootsuite).
Deadline for applications is February 5, 2020
Anticipated start date is February 10, 2020
To apply, please submit a motivation letter and CV via email to email@example.com with Event Coordinator in the subject line.
This is a six-month full-time contractual position with possibility for extension.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, we will only contact those selected for an interview. All applications will be kept on file for six months following the hiring.