The EdCan Network, legally known as the Canadian Education Association, has maintained its 129-year tradition as the only national, nonpartisan, bilingual organization representing 110,000 educators across Canada. Our role as an intermediary connects K-12 education systems across the country by producing and disseminating authoritative and evidence-based, yet accessible content that is trusted by educators, parents, and policymakers alike.
EdCan is seeking a bilingual (English/French) Digital Marketing and Website Coordinator to support the organization’s revenue diversification and online traffic development strategies. Duties will include tracking campaign progress, developing various digital marketing materials, sourcing images and artwork, collating content, website content updating, and managing general digital marketing activities. Your creative thinking skills and strategies will be an essential part in driving our digital narrative, enhancing our organization’s image, improving digital communication with EdCan members and key collaborators, and encouraging revenue development through effective campaigns. The ideal candidate is a tech savvy, well-organized problem solver and must be an excellent writer and communicator in the execution of successful digital marketing strategies that can manage overlapping deadlines for multiple ongoing projects.
EXPERIENCE: At least 2 years of related experience with user mobilization through social media, creation or publication of web content.
JOB TYPE: 12-month contract with potential for renewal.
LOCATION: The selected candidate will have the option to work remotely or work from our Toronto office (or both) in accordance with evolving EdCan staff work location policies aligned with the ongoing pandemic.
- Develop digital marketing strategies, in collaboration with senior and research staff to effectively promote EdCan membership, EdCan Academy on-demand professional learning and ongoing EdCan research and knowledge mobilization programs and products.
- Communicate with members, key collaborators and other influencers when opportunities arise to encourage content referrals/endorsements/testimonials.
- Follow web trends and complete the necessary training to advise the team on the strategies to adopt to promote our activities and services.
- Use analysis tools, such as Google Analytics, Google AdWords, Google Trends, to produce statistical reports that help staff to determine the effectiveness of our strategies and make decisions based on data evaluation.
- Optimize the content of web pages and use the SEO options of WordPress (SEO for Search Engine Optimization).
- Create cohesive digital marketing campaigns that connect EdCan content with the knowledge mobilization goals of EdCan’s programs and initiatives.
- Manage all website backend maintenance and content publishing.
- Encourage the optimization of pages for search engines by using natural and paid referencing tools.
- Manage paid SEO campaigns with Google Ad Grants in collaboration with outsourced suppliers.
- Manage social media advertising strategy on EdCan’s accounts.
- Create visuals to promote services and support EdCan Network publications for the website, media platforms, newsletters, and other publications.
- Liaising with staff to optimize research content to promote to a broader digital audience.
- Develop templates and adjust newsletter code on MailChimp.
- Perform certain administrative tasks such as monitoring the email@example.com account and managing the password list.
- Bilingualism (French and English), oral and written. (Please do not apply unless you have this skill.)
- University degree or college diploma in a discipline related to digital marketing, communications and multimedia production.
- Knowledge of HTML, WordPress, Squarespace and other content management systems.
- Knowledge of graphic design applications such as Adobe Creative Suite 5 (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator) and ability to create visuals on Canva or other similar programs.
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to multiple priorities and deadlines.
- A strong SEO foundation – including local SEO, off-page SEO, link-building, and content marketing (via web, video and social).
- Efficiency and autonomy; ability to work on multiple ongoing projects with others under minimal supervision.
- In-depth knowledge of the ongoing evolution of the latest technology and social media tools and trends.
- Highly organized and strong attention to detail.
- Understands how EdCan can excel in social media including: Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.
- Active on social media with a strong interest in, and desire to, support Canadian K-12 education staff and students with an understanding of EdCan’s target market audiences and how to improve lead generation and conversions.
- Certifications for Google Analytics, Facebook, Google AdWords, or other tools or applications that EdCan selects to track and analyze site traffic.
- Excellent copywriting and copy editing skills.
Please submit your application – including links to your digital footprint (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, etc.) – by October 9, 2020 to: firstname.lastname@example.org