The EdCan Network has maintained its 130-year tradition as the only national, nonpartisan, bilingual organization representing 140,000 educators across Canada. Our role as an intermediary strives to bridge the research-implementation gap for K-12 education systems across the country by producing and disseminating authoritative and evidence-based, yet accessible content that is trusted by educators, parents, and policymakers alike. EdCan’s signature initiative, Well at Work, supports education leaders to develop and implement system-wide strategies to improve K-12 workplace wellbeing for the long term – all while mobilizing a network of passionate educators, researchers, practitioners, and stakeholder groups. Learn more at www.edcan.ca or @EdCanNet.
EdCan is seeking a creative hands-on early career professional to support EdCan’s partnership and fund development priorities. If you’re looking for more responsibility, to accelerate your learning curve and broaden your expertise, this role is for you. Your ability to juggle multiple responsibilities under tight timelines is essential. The ideal candidate is a highly-organized problem solver and must be an excellent writer and communicator in the execution of funding partnership strategies.
3 years of demonstrated experience in supporting successful partnership development for fundraising in the not-for-profit sector.
JOB TYPE: Full time position
RESPONSIBILITIES/Duties will include:
- Leading partner/funder research, prospecting, alignment and cultivation of government, public and private foundations, and other funders and assessing the potential of incoming partnership requests and program funding opportunities.
- Facilitating internal planning meetings (note taking, follow up task distribution)
- Supporting the development and execution of EdCan’s funding diversification strategy in consultation with the CEO and other staff and consultants.
- Supporting the CEO in the preparation and delivery of fundworthy partnership/revenue generation strategies/pitches for discovery meetings, drafting of partnership agreements and the development and submission of project and grant proposals as well as activating required follow up research and communications as required.
- Collaborating with stakeholder partners as is necessary to co-create and co-develop projects and funding applications as appropriate.
- Maintaining funding opportunity databases, calendars and work plans to manage the fund development work of the organization, as well as EdCan’s CRM.
- Working collaboratively with EdCan’s Marketing Manager and other suppliers on the development of promotional materials to support funder/partnership development, including impact reports, client testimonials, e-communications campaigns, etc.
- Performing other duties as required to support the CEO and EdCan’s Revenue Diversification Committee.
- Knowledge and experience building funding relationships and generating revenue using various strategies and methods.
- Outstanding organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills with a keen attention to detail, thoroughness, and accuracy with minimal supervision.
- Ability to multitask while demonstrating flexibility and entrepreneurial spirit to accommodate high levels of responsibility for multiple shifting priorities.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a partnership/fund development role in a not-for-profit environment.
- A post-secondary degree or diploma in a related area, preferably in fundraising and development or public affairs.
- Demonstrated experience in partnership/funding proposal writing to support the growth of EdCan’s programs and services.
- Excellent writing, copywriting, and copy-editing skills as well as oral and interpersonal communications skills.
- Excellent relationship development and management skills required to cultivate authentic trusting relationships, collaborate across internal and external stakeholders.
- Efficiency and autonomy: excellent project management skills, with a demonstrated ability to manage multiple complex projects simultaneously, handle competing demands, prioritize tasks and successfully meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated success in soliciting and securing funds from foundations and corporations.
- Experience managing CRM software to maintain records of funding/partnership prospects to maintain and increase engagement and to be used to report on fundraising activities and impact.
- Bilingualism (French and English), oral and written, would be considered a significant asset. At minimum, the ability to read and comprehend written French-language content would be an asset.
- A strong interest in, and desire to, support Canadian K-12 education staff and students, with an understanding of EdCan’s target market audiences.
LOCATION: This position can be conducted remote, hybrid, or in-person within Canada. EdCan Network staff members work either fully remote or in a hybrid environment and are mostly based in Toronto. The Development and Partnerships Manager will have access to a business development coach to serve as a thought partner.
To apply for this position, please send your cover letter and CV by Monday, June 6, 2022 to Mia San José at email@example.com with “Development and Partnerships Coordinator” in the subject line. The salary range for this full-time position is $56,000 to $62,000 and includes a health benefits package.
DEADLINE: Monday June 6, 2022
EdCan is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace.