The EdCan Network has maintained its 130-year tradition as the only national, nonpartisan, bilingual organization representing 140,000 educators across Canada. Our role as an intermediary strives to bridge the research-implementation gap for K-12 education systems across the country by producing and disseminating authoritative and evidence-based, yet accessible content that is trusted by educators, parents, and policymakers alike. EdCan’s signature initiative, Well at Work, supports education leaders to develop and implement system-wide strategies to improve K-12 workplace wellbeing for the long term – all while mobilizing a network of passionate educators, researchers, practitioners, and stakeholder groups. Learn more at www.edcan.ca or @EdCanNet.
EdCan is seeking an early career administrative coordinator to support EdCan’s programs and services. In this role, your ability to juggle multiple responsibilities under tight timelines is essential to supporting EdCan’s effective operations. If you’re looking for more responsibility to accelerate your learning curve and are flexible to accept new challenges on an ongoing basis to broaden your expertise, this role is for you. The ideal candidate is a highly-organized problem solver who can manage competing priorities and overlapping deadlines for multiple ongoing projects.
3 years of progressive experience in a project coordinator and/or administrative role in a not-for-profit or for-profit environment.
Full time position
RESPONSIBILITIES/Duties will include:
- Maintaining EdCan’s membership database, calendars, work plans and invoicing to manage the membership administration work of the organization, as well as EdCan’s CRM.
- Collecting, organizing, tracking member statistics and using the data to prepare reports for use in strategic planning.
- Coordinating digital and print publication production, advertising and invoicing as well as event registrations.
- Providing agile administrative and project coordination support to EdCan’s team of staff and consultants (e.g.: participating in planning meetings, note taking, follow up research and communications, etc.).
- Providing customer service support for incoming member and stakeholder requests.
- Working with the support of the Operations Manager to collaborate with external suppliers and consultants, as well as other stakeholders and partners in EdCan’s network.
- Performing other duties as required to support the Operations Manager and EdCan’s Membership Committee.
- Outstanding organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills with a keen attention to detail, thoroughness, and accuracy.
- Ability to multitask, thrive in a fast-paced environment, and adapt quickly to change under pressure with attention to detail and deadlines, and with minimal supervision.
- Flexibility to accommodate high levels of responsibility and multiple and sometimes shifting priorities.
- Strong strategic thinking skills to focus on solutions and identify opportunities for administrative/operational process improvements.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in membership administration and/or coordinating advertising/sponsorship in a non-profit or corporate environment.
- A post-secondary administrative-related degree or diploma.
- Experience managing CRM software and mastery of spreadsheets to maintain member, partner and funder records increase engagement and report on fundraising activities.
- Excellent planning, project and time management skills, with a demonstrated ability to manage multiple complex projects simultaneously, prioritize tasks and successfully meet deadlines.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communications skills.
- Experience providing administrative support for a membership-based association/organization.
- A strong interest in, and desire to, support Canadian K-12 education staff and students, with an understanding of EdCan’s target market audiences.
- Bilingualism (French and English), oral and written, would be considered a significant asset. At minimum, the ability to read and comprehend written French-language content would be an asset.
LOCATION: The selected candidate will be based in the Greater Toronto Area and have the option to work remotely or work from our Toronto office (or both) in accordance with evolving EdCan staff work location policies aligned with the ongoing public health recommendations during the pandemic.
To apply for this position, please send your cover letter and CV by Monday, August 15, 2022 to Mia San José at email@example.com with “Administrative Coordinator” in the subject line. The salary range for this full-time position is $45,000 to $50,000 and includes a health benefits package.
DEADLINE: Monday, August 15, 2022
EdCan is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace.