Desjardins is back this year with their tech donation program in collaboration with the EdCan Network for K-12 public schools across Canada. This program is responding to the immediate student needs because of post-pandemic and economic factors that are challenging equity of access to technological learning tools for far too many students.
Desjardins is once again donating a total of $100,000 ($5,000 to 20 schools across Canada) for students in need of computers and other technological learning tools.
The deadline to submit your online application form – which will include a summary of your donation request in 400 words or less – is March 10th, 2023 at 8 PM (EST).
Applications from a shortlist of potential donation recipients will be carefully reviewed and selected by the EdCan Donation Review Committee and recipients will be notified by April 13th, 2023.
The donation recipients will be announced and published on the EdCan website by April 19th, 2023.
Applicants must be teachers and principals from K-12 public education systems. The need of technological equipment for the school or students has to be immediate and urgent to improve their learning now.
To apply for a donation, participants must complete an application form and submit it before the March 10th, 2023 at the 8:00pm ET application deadline.
The application must include the following:
- Executive summary (400 words maximum) explaining why your students/classroom/school needs this donation.
- Describe the general demographic profile of your school community (location, socioeconomic levels, diversity of student population). If your Province has a designation for schools with a low SES, please indicate.
- How would a donation address the most urgent needs of your students to acquire technology to assist them in their learning.
- If you were awarded one of the $5,000 donations, how would you use the funds?
Applications including the following will be considered more favourably:
- Support/Endorsement Letter from the School Principal
- Support from your principal confirming the urgency of need for technological equipment related to your request.
- Support/Endorsement Letter from School Council or Student Council
- Support letter from either your school council (parent voice) or student council (student voice) describing why your school should be awarded this donation.
*Applicants should not include student’s personal information in the application.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our administrative and project coordinator Nour Naffaa at firstname.lastname@example.org.